Monday, August 6, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce vs. The Bi-polar Prepper

Okay.....So the Spaghetti Sauce is Completely Complete......  Oh My Freaking God!!!!  Finding a recipe that I liked, and making it work for me.....was NOT easy.....

I must say this before anything else...... IN THE YEAR 2012, DO NOT BUY TOMATOES AND THEN USE THEM FOR CANNING SPAGHETTI SAUCE.  
Without the cost of jars and everything else....Just Tomatoes alone...... its almost $6.00 a jar for Spaghetti sauce......HOLY Shit balls!!!  Fyi..... that is one of my favorite sayings.....  

Make sure that if you are going to Can Spaghetti Sauce you start early in the Morning....because it is a very very very long process....... Canning Stewed and regular tomatoes is sooooo much easier.....  Spaghetti sauce is hard.....well at least for a Newbie like me.....

This is the guidelines I somewhat followed...... it did turn out pretty good....it just took forever..... 
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1766,135185-253198,00.html
I did Not use the Red Wine Vinegar!!
It is totally more Cost effective to grow your own tomatoes and then make spaghetti sauce out of those.... Yes, I guess that is a GIVEN....but spending anything around $1.00 a lb is too much......and I was getting a deal for them......It was the cheapest I could find in all the surrounding counties...I did my research....



No comments:

Post a Comment