Friday, August 24, 2012

Wooooooo Hoooooooo

If you didn't know.........Now you know.........  Canning makes me HAPPY  ;)))))   If canning makes you happy clap your hands!!! Clap Clap......  lmao....  Okay...I'll stop now......

Today has been an AWESOME day....  I used some coupons and Store Ads and Saved a Bunch of Money....That always makes me happy..... We eat alot of Hambuger Helper in this house....Kids LOVE IT!!...  and I got it for 75 cents a Box today.....and it wasn't even the Generic kind....which I have been known to buy.....I'm Cheap.......Sometimes..... When I feel like being cheap....    I went to 3 different Grocery stores.....and they were all really close to each other so it didn't cost anything extra to drive to them... Seriously got at least 50 meals for $160.00.....  thats not bad at all......I'm pretty happy .....I think if something was to happen and my husband had to come home and find a new job or whatever the case....We'd be Okay on food for awhile...  I bought some Ground Turkey today....  $1.99 a lb.....  I'm going to make some in Helper and see if the boys even can tell a difference......  

I also stopped at my Trusty Farmers House today and picked up some Tomatoes for Salsa.... 13 lbs of Tomatoes definitely doesn't make very much Salsa......Oh well, it will still come in handy....  It was so good that I almost didn't even Process any of it...I figured I could just eat all of it....LOL.... But rest assured... I didn't and I canned 5 Pints.......

I also used my Red Pepper Recipe that I got from my Friend "D" ......OH MY FREAKING GOD.....That stuff is sooooo gooooood....  I posted the recipe in my Notes on the Prepper Facebook page.... You can find it here..

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-bi-polar-prepper/red-pepper-jelly-recipe/343271655759943

On the Go all day.....The boys took the Wii upstairs to watch Netflix.....so its not that Loud Down here today...Unless they are hungry or Thirsty......

Speaking of Boys............  I have the boys on a rotating schedule on When they take care of the Chickens..... My oldest is still doing an Awesome Job manning the Coops......  the Littlest one needed some more responsibility with caring for the chickens so they switch off back and Forth......  One feeds in the Morning......the Other feeds after school and cleans to coops....then its Opposite the next day.... so they both get to do the easy and hard stuff.....  The babies are really coming along with the boys too....In the Morning, the baby chickens allow the boys and I to Pet them........

They have also started this thing that I call Flight School......All 4 baby girls get up on a Coop and Take off , Fly as far as they can across the Enclosure....Then the next one does it.....  It's not making it very likely that I will be letting them run the Yard anytime soon.... I seriously was considering it.......  I know the Older Girls will come home too eat and Roost......sighhhhh....  Not sure what to do....Guess they will stay there for awhile...

Oh and LUCY laid an egg today...... This half banny...... She's so stinking cute for a little bitty ass chicken.....Lays these little bitty eggs....She started laying almost two weeks ago..... August 13, 2012. That was the first egg... We have only had 3 since them.......Now that I have a day to remember....I'm going to see exactly how many days until she lays again......  I'm not really complaining....cause Raven isn't doing anything....but Molting.......so she won't be laying for awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment