Saturday, August 25, 2012

If you did a craft and it worked....CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!!

Okey Dokey Folks........  I may seem to get excited easily these days....but that really happens not all that often....It just must be the Sun and the Moon and the Stars and Mercury and Pluto are all lined up.....  Yes, I know about Pluto.... Poor dog got kicked out the Galaxy.

I decided this morning that the boys and I were going to do a KID type Project because Canning, Dehydrating, Refurbishing Furniture (Oh yeah, I haven't shared any of that with ya'll yet.. lol)  are all MOMMY Projects that they get to help with.......  Right now we are preparing for a Yard Sale....YUCK!!! Boring!!!  So, I figured we should do something fun, that they would enjoy.  

I originally was going to take my friend Two Llama's (its a facebook page) You should check them out....they are a Hoot!!  
https://www.facebook.com/2LlamaDrama

Anyway, back to what I was saying....I was originally going to make these Jars that she's been making and look really cool.... which you can find Here.......... at her webpage.

http://www.twollamasandawholelottadrama.com/home/2012/07/30/upcycle-turn-your-spaghetti-and-pickle-jars-into-colored-solar-lighted-gems/

After starting them.......I realize they are probably going to be a bit too light for my tealight jack - o -lanterns I wanted to make..... Sooooo, I searched around on Pinterest (yes, it is most definately a very useful site....It's like how Google USED to be)  and I found this.....

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/10/pumpkin-jars-add-treats-candles-or-nothing-at-all.html

I ALMOST followed the directions to a T......  but, that's not really the way I roll!!!!  Sooo, here is what I did differently.....hmmmm where to start......

Definately Shake as much out as you can.....it DOES TAKE FOREVER TO DRY...........

I went to the local Hardware store here in town......Talked to the Paint Lady.......and we decided that Interior paint....The Cheapest kind they had would work PERFECT.....I picked a semi dark Orange color.......and she made the paint for me......

NOTE THIS......It does NOT TAKE ALOT OF PAINT TO MAKE THESE JARS!!!!!! lol

IF you are going to do this craft with your children.......... I TOTALLY SUGGEST putting the Orange Paint in a day or two ahead of when you want to do the craft with your children........  I would just let them put the FACE on the Jar..........  I'm even thinking about putting   " MOM "  on the OTHER SIDE!!!  You can't see it....So no harm.....  it won't mess up anything........

OH, We Used a Sharpie Marker to make the face....... and the great thing is...... if you mess up on the face... you can lick your finger and it comes off.....    Yes, I messed up a few times....  LOL

Also make out the wire hanger things ahead of time......Kids really don't like that part...... or at least mine didn't....

And lastly........  I'm seriously considering putting green pain on the top part of the jar.........I may spray paint it....just to make it look even more like a Pumpkin.....  

I used a Tea light and it was VERY  difficult to get it in the bottom without flipping over...plus, my jar is still a little wet....... I used Salad Tossers.......worked perfect......and I used a Long Grill Lighter to light it.....

HERE is what I am thinking is GOING to HAPPEN............. It will have a fire in it.......and melt the paint......Sooooooooooo,  I am recommending to my "PEEPS"  that you use the battery operated tea lights or in fact use what my friend "TwoLlamaDrama used   " a Solar Light"  ......will be looking into those......and will let everyone know.......





No comments:

Post a Comment