Monday, August 6, 2012

Training them Young

I have been working pretty hard trying to make sure that I am not doing ALL the work for the Chickens and Their Coop.  I have been trying to make sure that BOTH 10 yr old and 6 yr old get their hands dirty when it comes to helping out with them.....  Summer is almost over, so that brings new obstacles.  I'm trying to work out a Plan that makes it so that the boys are still feeding the Chickens before they do anything else in the morning....  and then they can help clean and such after school....  

They are not protesting....I thought for sure that the new would wear off of the chickens being around.....and they wouldn't want anything to do with them....but so far....so good......  My oldest has gotten the canning down to a science I think. He thinks canning is Awesome!!!  1 point for Mom!  

They have learned so much this summer about being self sufficient ........Only I wish I could have taught them more.....Video Games/Tv is Not going to consume their brains.......

No comments:

Post a Comment