Friday, July 27, 2012

Taco Seasoning......I did it...and it works

You know when you get on the internet or Pinterest and you see this recipe or this idea....and you struggle with whether or not you can do it or make it.....Well, I had been seeing this recipe for DIY Taco Seasoning.... My Boys eat ALOT of tacos throughout the year..... We even eat Spagetti Tacos..... from I-Carly.....Yes, and they are Good....

I had saved it.....and today decided that I was going to make it..... I did.....and It was Good... We tested it tonight with 1lb hamburger and 1lb deer burger and it turned out really good......

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/homemade-taco-seasoning-mix

Here is the recipe.  I suggest using 2 tablespoons per lb and just a little bit of water......I doubled this recipe and it almost filled a 24 oz. jar that I saved.  It was a spaghetti sauce jar.  I'd say with doubling the recipe it made 20 oz. of  seasoning.  I figured that if you used 2 tablespoons per lb.  You could make 20 lbs of taco Meat for approx. $10.00.

Oh and in case I didn't tell you......It tastes good too!!! Both of my boys gave it 2 thumbs up!!  WOOO HOOO!!! WIN WIN!!! GO TEAM GREEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment