Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm here and Ready to get ready to take on SHTF......

Welcome to my Blog.....  My name is Nikki .....  I'm me, Nothing More , Nothing Less!!!  I'm in my 30's, married to a wonderful husband that Builds Wind Turbines for a Living, so he travels all the damn time... We are in this Business a year now, and I do Not recommend it for the faint of heart relationship....  We have 2 wonderful Sons ages 10.5 and 6.5.  They keep me going.....and going and going.... They are having a ball this summer helping mommy doing all of these Prepper type lifestyle changes....

On July 3rd, 2012 ....Only 23 days ago.....LOL.....  WOW.....So much has changed in those 23 days....
I bought a Pressure Canner, neighbor gave me a Dehydrator, Built a Chicken Coop and then put chickens in it....And today...My Boys and I made a little garden...     We have actually picked Green beans at our local Orchard....then canned them...... Got some farm fresh corn and Canned it....  My oldest son is really enjoying learning How to "CAN".

I'm sure there is more things.... I just can't remember them all....   Anyway.....We are in Central Indiana and hoping one day to have that house on the acreage that we dream about.  That is why my husband does what he does to make a better life for us.  I think in another Life that I was Amish!!  Seriously, I could soooo be in that sort of lifestyle...   I find myself very jealous of one of my Facebook Friends  Misty Prepper https://www.facebook.com/pages/MistyPrepper/142248625836043

Everyone should want to be her friend.  She doesn't even know me but she is my idol.... And No, I'm not all stalker like....  just love the things that she comes up with baking, homesteading...etc....

We are in the beginning states of Prepping....  Laugh if you must..... but one day...when SHTF (Shit hits the Fan) I'll be a little better suited to deal with it than the average person.  I am NOT a Dooms Day Prepper..... that would be my dad.... lol...  I'm more along the lines of a Modern Day Prepper.....  I want to feel secure in the fact that I can have a stable lifestyle if for some reason the Electricity goes out for weeks or months .... I want to make sure that I can take care of my family if we have to go back to Old resources....  I do not look for or seek an End of the World Day type senerio.....  I'm just a Mom who wants to be able to use the land to take care of my family.  I want my children to Learn this type of Living.  I want them to know how to Hunt, Fish, Farm, Raise animals, From raising them to Killing them for Dinner..... and everything in between. I want them to know the Ins and Outs of The Weapons that they Chose to carry.  Not to be Scared of using a Weapon.

We are experimenting with all types of things....and would love it if you would follow our Journey.  Please feel free to ask any question or let me know what you think.....  I'm all ears.......  You will be able to tell that I am Bi-polar in a matter of Blogs.........lol... HAVE FUN!!!!  Gotta go.....  Farmer with my tomatoes just called......YEAHHH NEWS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment